After the inaugural SOCstock lit the SecOps world on fire in December, we decided to run the 2021 edition back just over six months later. Which means you will only have to wait until Tuesday for the greatest minds in the security operations profession (and 2,500+ of your closest friends) to gather in the grooviest environment possible.
Inspired after the iconic Woodstock music festival in 1969, SOCstock is our own take on a positive-vibes-only gathering designed to be all about community, learning, and of course, entertainment. And as we come off one of the worst collective stretches in modern human history, there is nothing we need more than each other, moving ideas and a chance to unwind.
We are virtual again for the second-annual SOCstock, but we won’t always be. Next time we hope to bring this show on the road for a physical event that is going to blow your SOCks off (See what we did there?)
But let’s get you focused on this year’s version, which happens Tuesday. Use this nifty guide below as a crash course to ensure you make the most of your experience at SOCstock 2021.
What’s the Scene Going to be Like at SOCstock 2021?
Hot (without the mud.) The legendary lineup at SOCstock 2021 is packed with security operations experts who are tackling the biggest trends and challenges with the most moving ideas and solutions. But they are not the only draw: SOCstock aims to be the world’s most spirited and cordial gathering place for SecOps practitioners, whose roles have never been more important despite being greatly complicated by COVID-19, which has introduced personal disruption along with a broadened corporate attack surface. And, like the real Woodstock, not everything is happening on the big stage. The best part may also be the virtual conversations you have and the entertainment you take in. Check out what we have in store:
- An epic lineup: Our keynote performers include world-renowned infosec researcher Troy Hunt, one of the security community’s most prolific contributors and founder of the “Have I Been Pwned” database, and Rachel Tobac, a widely recognized ethical hacker specializing in social engineering.
- Extraordinary sessions: Our talks will cover everything from diversity and inclusion in the SOC, to the impact of COVID-19 on SecOps, plus so much more, with presenters ranging from individual practitioners to security operations leaders to Fortune 100 CISOs.
- First-ever SOCstock awards: Honoring the heart and soul of the SOC across multiple categories, we’ll be celebrating the most talented security operations teams and individuals, nominated by you!
- Time to relax: Our illustrious stage of speakers will dazzle you all day, but there will be plenty of opportunity to decompress & experience other entertainment (including a live classic rock set, comedy act, yoga chillout, trivia contests and more).
- A chance to let it all hang out: How often do security analysts, engineers and other denziens of the SOC gather in one place? Now’s your chance to comfortably network with your brethren in a judgment-free, communal space.
How Can I Prepare for SOCstock 2021?
Right now, just make sure you are registered to attend. You can get yourself into the SOCstock groove by downloading and listening to our Spotify “Now That’s What I Call SOC Hits: Volume 1” playlist. Then this weekend and through the end of the event, you’ll be able to log in to our super-user-friendly platform (via email instructions), where you will be able to familiarize yourself with the lay of the land and build out your agenda.
Anything Else I Should Know About?
We’re glad you asked. Beat the traffic and join us the day before the big show for Workshop Day.
Led by experienced practitioners, these hands-on technical trainings will equip you with practical knowledge and skills to apply within your own SOC environments.
Instructors at Workshop Day will include:
- Axonius: Examine how security teams can automate investigations using existing data already at your disposal, eliminating tedious manual processes.
- Devo: Build a foundation of scalable, cloud-based security analytics.
- Siemplify: Explore the power of orchestration and automation by building real-world response playbooks designed for common use case