“There’s just too many opportunities for a mid level employee to have their laptop open on a plane in games,” former Ubisoft creative director Alex Hutchinson told Axios, citing the notorious way the name of a previously-secretive mega-game leaked in 2013. (Sometimes those open laptops are on a subway.) The “Far Cry 6” incident appears to involve confusion over a coverage embargo date. The footage was posted to YouTube by Polish YouTuber Patryk “Rojson” Rojewski, who told Axios that he had been provided the clips by Ubisoft under an agreement that said they could run on May 27. Rojewski said he had not been told that Ubisoft changed the date. “I approach my work professionally,” he said. Several minutes of video of another upcoming Ubisoft game, “The Division: Heartland,” leaked two weeks ago.
Read more of this story at Slashdot.