Whether you’re searching for the hottest ingredient tech startups, rising gaming cos, or key consumer engagement trends to plan against, we’ve got you covered. Use the guide below to check out our most relevant research in consumer goods and CPG from the past year.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- CPG & consumer goods
- Beauty & personal care
- Food, beverage, & household essentials
- Consumer electronics, fitness tech, & gaming
- Marketing & shopper engagement
- Inventory management & delivery
CPG & consumer goods
In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, consumer priorities have shifted. Below, we highlight which technology-enabled solutions are rising in the wake of the pandemic and track investor focus across the CPG landscape.
- The State Of Sustainability In Consumer & Retail: Ahead In 2021 (downloadable report)
- State Of Consumer Products Q3’20 Report: Investment & Sector Trends To Watch (downloadable report)
- State Of Wellness H1’20 Report: Investment & Sector Trends To Watch (downloadable report)
- What We Can Learn from Consumer Smart Money VC’s Bets In Wellness, Gaming & E-Sports, E-Commerce Enablement, & More
- 8 Trends Redefining Consumer Wellness For 2020 And Beyond
- Here’s Why Investor Enthusiasm For D2C Startups Is Falling
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Automating And Personalizing The Consumer Products Industry (downloadable report)
Beauty & personal care
Personalization is transforming the beauty & personal care space as product lines increasingly integrate virtual technologies to tailor products and routines to individual consumers. Below, we dig into this and other trends shaping the beauty & personal care industry.
- Beauty And Self-Care Trends To Watch In 2020 (downloadable report)
- 150+ Companies Shaping The Future Of Beauty & Personal Care
- Hermès Launches Refillable Lipstick: How Reusable Packaging Is Becoming The Next Must-Have
- 5 D2C Startups Bringing Telehealth To Beauty & Personal Care
- Early-Stage Sexual Wellness Startups Are Seeing An Increase In Investor Attention
- Fertility Tech Market Map: 60+ Startups Improving The Fertility Journey
- 11 Oral Health Startups Improving At-Home Dental Care
- Beauty Business Model Spotlight: Perfect Diary
- 3 Ways Early-Stage Beauty Startups Are Taking On Personalization
- 75+ Companies Reimagining The Dental Health Landscape
- How Material Innovation Will Improve Sustainability In Beauty & Personal Care
Food, Beverage, & Household essentials
The Covid-19 crisis is placing even more strain on food and beverage incumbents after years of fighting off smaller upstarts that are catering to new consumer tastes and preferences. We highlight the emerging trends and technologies in food & beverage as well as household essentials in the briefs and reports below.
- Grocery CPG Trends To Watch In 2020 (downloadable report)
- Tech Market Map Report: New Products And Services In Food And Beverage (downloadable report)
- Market Map: 100+ Food Tech Startups Pioneering Ingredient Innovation
- Our Meatless Future: How The $2.7T Global Meat Market Gets Disrupted
- Microbiome Personalization Could Reshape Health And Wellness
- Consumers Turn To Aromatherapy And Scents For At-Home Wellness
- 8 Startups Simplifying Home Cooking
- What Increasing Investment In Dairy Alternatives Means For The Food Industry
- ‘Clean Meat’ Is Gaining Momentum As Covid-19 Squeezes Traditional Supply Chains
- 7 Food & Beverage Startups Aiming To Boost The Immune System
- Protein Fermentation Tech Investment Is On The Rise Heading Into 2021
- 75+ Pet Care Startups In One Market Map
- The Pet Care Oppawtunity: Why Interest In The Industry Is Surging
- 9 Self-Cleaning Tech Solutions That Could Play A Role In Reopening Stores, Restaurants, Hotels, And More
Consumer electronics, fitness tech, & gaming
Covid-19 will have a lasting impact on home and work life. From the rise of gaming and fitness tech to the devices enabling a return to the office, we dig into the various companies and trends shaping the space.
- The Future Of The Smart Home
- Reopening: The Tech-Enabled Office In A Post-Covid World (downloadable report)
- Reinventing Sleep: What 10 Partnerships Tell Us About Where Sleep Tech Is Going Next
- How Wearable Devices Are Transforming Senior Care & Wellness
- Market Map: 95+ Startups Building The Future Of Gaming
- The State Of Gaming Funding
- Fitness In The Post-Covid World: How Technology Is Changing The Way We Work Out
- 7 Connected Devices Helping Consumers Stay Healthy And Fit At Home
- The State Of Fitness Tech Funding
Marketing & shopper engagement
More than ever, brands and retailers are looking for digital solutions to engage shoppers in new and more effective ways. Cost efficiency, boosting online sales, and improving conversion rates will remain major themes as a result of the Covid-19 outbreak. Read more about trends and companies pioneering tech in marketing & shopper engagement in the briefs below.
- Shopper Engagement Tech Trends to Watch in 2020 (downloadable report)
- Tech Market Map Report: Consumer & Retail Customer Service Tech (downloadable report)
- 3 Ways Brands And Retailers Can Capitalize On The Accelerated Adoption Of E-Sports
- We Analyzed 22 Of The Biggest Direct-To-Consumer Success Stories To Figure Out The Secrets To Their Growth — Here’s What We Learned
- 3 Ways Brands and Retailers Can Benefit from the Rise of Text Commerce
- Virtual Try-On Is Top-Of-Mind For Execs As Shopping Moves Online
- Tech Market Map Report: Consumer & Retail Targeted Marketing Tech (downloadable report)
The Covid-19 pandemic has shaken the global manufacturing industry. This sweeping disruption has brought attention to some of the major ongoing challenges facing the sector and has highlighted the need to boost supply chain resilience, speed up production, and make products with higher degrees of precision. We look at the automation trends and emerging technologies gaining traction in the industry below.
- How Manufacturers Are Using Artificial Intelligence For Faster, More Cost-Effective Product Design
- How Manufacturers Can Use AI To Lower Risk In Sourcing And Procurement
- 3 Ways AI Is Speeding Up Production And Assembly In Manufacturing
- Manufacturing In The Post-Covid World: These 5 Emerging Technologies Could Reshape The Factory
- Market Map: 40+ Companies Shaping The Future Of Advanced Materials
Inventory management & delivery
As the Covid-19 pandemic causes a surge in e-commerce orders and an unpredictable product demand for retailers, on-demand warehousing, reverse logistics, last-mile delivery, and other inventory management solutions are gaining traction. We provide a deep dive on a range of vendors operating in this space in the reports and briefs below.
- Returns Optimization: Providers And Solutions (downloadable report)
- Why Now For On-Demand Warehousing?
- On-Demand Warehousing: Providers And Solutions (downloadable report)
- These 5 Startups Want To Transform Inventory Management
- Market Map: 50+ Startups Transforming Last-Mile Delivery
- Robotic Fulfillment Center Technologies: Providers And Solutions (downloadable report)
- Autonomous Last-Mile Delivery: Providers And Solutions (downloadable report)
The post Research Roundup: Navigating Our Top Consumer Products Research appeared first on CB Insights Research.